Allah has forgiven you

Sayyiduna Jabir ibne-Abdullah (RadhiAllaho anho) narrates
that a man came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and said:

Alas, my sins!
Alas, my sins!
He said this twice or thrice.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) asked him to say.

Allahumma maghfiratuka awsaou min dhunubi wa rahmatuka arja indi min amali

O Allah, Your forgiveness is more encompassing than my sins;
and I expect far more of Your Mercy than my own deeds.

The man said these words:
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
Say it again!
He repeated it.
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
Say it once more!
He repeated these words.
Then Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

Now get up;
indeed,
Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala has forgiven you.

{ Mustadrak Hakim }

Friends of Allah | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com